UNIVERSAL LOCKING COMPRESSION CONNECTOR
21 mm stroke length
With Torque Retention, Continuity & Enhanced Shielding
ANOTHER INNOVATIVE SOLUTION
PCT is widely known for its patented compression connector technology and is always researching new options to assist our customers with improving the quality of the drop, while controlling costs and keeping step with industry advancements. That attentiveness is apparent in our newest compression connector, the PCT-FRS-59LMG, providing the cost efficient, ultimate performance connector.
Metal Compression Ring Technology
One of the primary problems with most compression connector designs is that the compression technique used is dependent on plastic sliding under metal or metal sliding over plastic when compressed. The two pieces then simply snap together, easily failing over time and resulting in the connector sliding off of the cable.
The PCT-FRS connector family uses PCT’s patented and field proven, metal compression ring technology made famous in our DRS and TRS connector families. The unique metal compression ring ensures that the polymer sleeve remains locked in place after compression while remaining compressed over time and eliminating failure concerns.
Torque Retention Feature with Enhanced Shielding
Improper connector tightening during an installation is one of the most common mistakes made by self-installers, and even by many trained technicians. This oversight leads to interruptions and degraded performance in both video and data services resulting in countless truck rolls. Laboratory testing has proven that the PCT-FRS-59LMG’s unique features keep the connection tight even after vibration and temperature cycling while providing enhanced shielding and continuous grounding if left in a loosened state.
Continuous Ground Feature
PCT’s continuous ground feature – standard on our PCT-FRS-59LMG torque retaining connector – maintains greater immunity to ingress and egress due to loose connections, both inside and outside of the home.
Delivering High Quality Experience
PCT stands behind the philosophy that a tight connection is always the best connection but understands that an installation completed by a customer or installer may run the chance of being less than perfect. That’s why PCT develops products that help avoid service related issues, increase customer satisfaction and lower operational expenses for operators.
Install PCT-FRS Series for long-life connections today!
With the PCT-FRS-59LMG connector, you receive all of these features without any additional premium:
- DOCSIS 4.0 – ALL PCT Connectors are built for the DOCSIS 3.1 to 4.0 transition and beyond
- Torque Retaining – Built in lock washer keeps the connection tight
- Continuous Ground – Improved ground contact both when tight and loose
- Enhanced Shielding – Improved shielding effectiveness when loose
- Tested to Applicable ANSI/SCTE, ASTM and Telcordia (formerly Bellcore) Standards – Utilizes PCT’s patented coaxial connector technology meeting Telcordia’s loosening torque specifications
- Conforms to ANSI/SCTE 123 2011
- Metal Design – Compression body, post and nut are 100% brass construction
- UV Stabilized Polymer Sleeve – Provides environmental protection to the cable / connector interface
- Dual O-Ring Design – Delivers a superior barrier against moisture intrusion
- Metal Compression Ring – Ensures the UV stabilized polymer sleeve is locked in place after compression, stays compressed and won’t break down over time
PCT’S compression tools provide our 21 mm PCT-FRS-59LMG connector with a full 360° of support for balanced, consistent installations and are naturally easy to use.
View our TOOL COMPATIBILITY TABLE below to cross reference PCT’s compression connectors and compatible PCT compression tools, as well as other manufacturers’ standard 360° 18 mm compression stroke length tools.