PCT-CT-RH-AS Connector Compression Tool
PCT-CT-RH Connector Compression Tool
for use with 21 mm stroke length F-type connectors
Products Used in This Guide
PCT-RHXL-CT-AS Connector Compression Tool
TRS Series XL6 and XL59
Preparing the Coaxial Cable
1. Prepare coaxial cable with a standard approved 1/4” x 5/16” cable prep tool.
2. Remove trimmed jacket and core plug from cable.
3. For tri-shield cable: Remove the outer layer of foil.
For quad cable: Fold back the first layer of braid wire, remove the outer layer of foil tape and fold back the second layer of braid.
4. To reduce cable insertion force: Evenly flare and separate the braid.
Installing Connectors on to the Prepped Cable
1. Push the connector straight on so that the cable dielectric is properly aligned inside the connector mandrel.
Cable dielectric should be flush with the bottom of the nut.
2. A slight twist in one direction can be used to ease the cable insertion. However, avoid excessive twisting.
Tips for Difficult Installations
1. Verify the coax cable meets SCTE maximum diameter specifications.
2. The compression tool can be used to add leverage when pushing the connector onto cable.
3. Make sure the handle button is locked closed to provide an even surface.
4. For cable that’s hard to insert, be sure to evenly spread and flare the braid.
5. Push the connector straight onto the cable. Do not twist the connector as this can make installation more difficult.
Using The Compression Tool
1. With the handle in the open position,
place the cable and connector into the tool against the plunger tip.
2. Allow the cable to lay into the jaws of the tool and the connector will now be in the proper position.
COMPRESSING THE CONNECTOR
1. Compress the connector by completely closing the tool handle. This ensures the connector sleeve is fully compressed onto the cable.
2. Remove the connector assembly from the tool and jumper assembly is completed.